Once a shipgirl reaches 100 affection, it's possible to marry them by offering a Ring of Promise. Players receive a Ring of Promise as a one-time quest reward for maxing a shipgirl's affection. Additional Rings of Promise can be purchased from Akashi's shop for 600 .
Marrying a shipgirl has the following effects:
- Increase their Affection cap to 200, allowing access to further stat bonuses.
- Allows the player to rename the married shipgirl. After renaming a shipgirl, players must wait 30 days before that shipgirl can be renamed again.
- Married shipgirls have a unique border and their portrait will shine in the Dock.
Affection is the meter used to measure how a shipgirl feels towards the player. Shipgirls will also gain stat bonuses as their affection increases and determines what lines they speak in the Dock.
Affection can be gained from the following sources:
- Using shipgirls in battle (except Exercises) will raise their Affection by 0.0625 (0.125 if MVP) per battle.
- Shipgirls placed in the Dormitory will ocasionally display a heart icon. Tapping this icon will increase that shipgirl's Affection by 0.1 to 0.3 points.
- A shipgirl set as the secretary will gain 1 Affection every 300-320 minutes. Secretary Affection gain stops at 90 Affection.
Affection Stat Bonuses
How To Marry Edit
1) First to prepare for marriage, go to the dockyard and check the affection stats of the ship you want to marry, She will have a heart icon next to her name on both the stats page and on her card in the dock.
2) Clicking the heart in the stats page will bring the certificate of marriage screen.
In this case, Ajax's affection is 90 out of 100, thus unable to be married. It does however tell you how close you are, as she has a pink heart she is rather close to maxing out.
3) Once you've decided on a ship to marry, own a Ring of Promise, and she has max affection, the heart in the bottom right will light up. Tapping it will bring up a confirmation screen.
The confirmation screen will ask if you want to use the Ring of Promise on the girl and informing you her maximum stats will receive a bonus. Once you tap Confirm, you'll be taken to the marriage ceremony and then presented with a marriage certificate that includes the date of marriage. This marriage certificate can be viewed whenever you check that ship's affection.
4) After Marriage, you have the option to rename the married ship. The ship's default name has already been entered, but you can enter the name of your choice and accept or decline the ship's new name.
Players will have to wait 30 days to change the ship's name again. The changed name, as well as the other visual effects of a married ship are visible in PVP and if she's set as your secretary ship.
5) A married ship gets various visual effects, their heart-shaped emotion gauge becomes a sparkling ring, their image frame changes as well, to a silver and pink border with hearts and has an animated reflection effect.
Marriage Skins Edit
Certain ships also unlock a special wedding dress CG + Dorm/battle sprite when given a Ring of Promise.
|List of shipgirls with wedding Skins|
|Akagi - Deep Crimson Poppy|
|Atago - Lily-White Vow|
|Ayanami - Demon's Finest Dress|
|Belfast - The Pledge of Claddagh|
|Cleveland - Heartfelt Moment|
|Enterprise - Starlight Oath|
|Hood - Rosey Love Poem|
|Illustrious - Morning Star of Love and Hope|
|Javelin - Blissful Purity|
|Kaga - Sacred Blue Lily|
|Laffey - White Rabbit's Oath|
|Nagato - Great Fox's White Gown|
|Prinz Eugen - Symphonic Fate|
|Takao - Sakura Hanami|
|Vampire - Eli's Blessing|
|Yamashiro - Bridal Attack!|
|Yukikaze - The Warmth of Spring|
|Yuudachi - The Bride of Solomon|