|Build Time:||Drop Only|
|Drop Location:||3-4, Boss only|
Historical References Edit
Akagi obtains her crimson red color from her name, which means "red castle" or quite literally "crimson," among others. Akagi also appears to bath in flames/engulfed in flames. This may allude to her historical ending where her deck is burning before she sank/was scuttled with torpedo. It could also allude to her Chinese censored name which means "Phoenix". Phoenixes dies and are rebirthed through flames.
- Self-introduction - Akagi was originally intended to be a carrier conversion along with Amagi, but after Amagi was damaged beyond feasible repair in the Great Kanto Earthquake, the incomplete Tosa-class battleship Kaga was selected for the role.
- Return from mission - This is in reference to the "Five Minutes that Changed History," or the Battle of Midway, in which four carriers were sunk in a short time span, effectively changing the course of the entire war.
- Additional Voice Lines (Enterprise) - It was dive bombers from the carrier Enterprise which would deal the fatal blow to Akagi at Midway.
- Her skill "Preemptive Victory" refers to her participation as one of the carriers that raided Pearl Harbor. She would gain a victory that would not last long, as she would be sunk not even a year later at the Battle of Midway.
- Her skill "First Carrier Division" refers to her being in an aircraft carrier unit with Kaga.